Lately I’ve been on the motivation roller coaster that we all know too well. One day we are motivated to the point where we never think it will end and other days we are so down we believe there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
I used to be that person who would stand in front of the mirror and cry because I was so unhappy with my appearance. Depression, my binge eating disorder, and my mood disorder used to control my self esteem and for forever it seemed that I would always hate how I looked and who I was.
Recently I had that sort of episode, I had a pity party for one and just cried because I said to myself, “I can’t believe I gained this weight, I can’t believe how I threw away all my progress…etc.” I was so upset and beside myself that I stuffed my face with food because that is all I knew. So, yes, I relapsed in reference to my binge eating disorder but I have risen from that. Although I haven’t binged since, I have been making very poor food choices and very minimal exercise.
My motivation now is my trip to Italy. I mean, that is what is was before but to be honest in my mind I was telling myself, “YOU NEED TO LOSE THIRTY POUNDS IN TWO MONTHS FOR YOUR TRIP LETS GO!” Even though I was “motivated” I was setting goals way too out of reach for myself. I want to lose weight before I go yes, but I don’t want to set unrealistic goals. If I lose ten, fifteen, twenty pounds, that is awesome but I am not telling myself that I HAVE to lose that weight. But I am telling myself now that I am GOING to lose weight, I am GOING to lose THAT weight in time. I do not intend on staying at my current weight which is about 153-155lbs. I haven’t weighed myself in a week because I know that I’ve been sloppy with my food choices but, I know that I need to do this for me. I need to lose this weight for not only my mentality but also for my health.
So here are my tips for myself and others to keep on track:
1) CLEAN YOUR ROOM! I know this is silly but if your room is clean and organized, you are in a better mindset a more positive one. After I write this post I am going to clean my room from top to bottom!
2) Don’t eat in front of the TV. This is so hard for me because that is all I do, but if you refrain from doing that you won’t be mindlessly eating and you will eat your portion not any more.
3) Track what you are eating whether it is with MyFitnessPal, FatSecret, or a journal, you should hold yourself accountable with what is going into your body and what exercise you are doing.
4) Exercise at least three days a week whether it is cardio, lifting weights, or walking your dog. Find something that is challenging, fun, and will torch calories! I like to checking out Self Magazine and Women’s Health Magazine’s websites, you can find SO many resources!
5) Don’t deprive yourself, if you love sweets, find something sweeter that can substitute your non healthy sweet!
Friend me on MyFitnessPal if you want and check out my food diary it is public (Username: PalmTreex) and I am on there every day posting, putting in my food, and being active on the community because that leads me to the sixth tip:
6) If you are on a social media type of weight loss community (i.e. MyFitnessPal) get involved on the message boards, make friends, and join the groups on there for motivation and guidance if you are new to losing weight! You can also have your own blog on there!
You can do anything you put your mind to, we all know that but it is easier said then done but we can do this!